- What is Self Storage and how does it work?
4M Self Storage is a self service storage facility that provides a variety of sizes to the public for personal or business use.
- What do I need to rent a unit?
A state issued photo ID and a secure lock.
- Do I need a reservation?
You don't need a reservation, but it is better to have one. With a reservation you will be sure the unit you need is reserved.
- How long is the lease term?
For your convenience, our leases are month-to-month. No long term lease is required.
- Does 4M Self Storage provide locks? Do you keep a key to my unit?
You can purchase a new, sealed lock at the rental office. No one else has a key to that lock - just you.
- Do you have automatic payment options?
Yes we do. Sign up for autopay at the rental office, and you won't have to worry about late fees.
- How do I move out?
The move out process is easy. Give written notice 10 days ahead of renewal date and empty your unit.
- Your items are not insured by 4M Self Storage. Be sure to check with your insurance provider to see if your items are already covered. If not, seek insurance that will cover your items.
- Items that are frequently used or needed should be stored at the front of the unit. This will make it easier for you to obtain them.
- Save space by disassembling items (tables, bed frames, bookshelves, etc.).
- Fill boxes to capacity. Items can shift during transport and sides can collapse which may damage your items.
- Protect delicate items with bubble wrap, packing peanuts and/or wrapping paper to avoid breakage.
- Group similar items together and mark all sides of your boxes. Seal all boxes with packing tape to prevent dust from entering.
- Make sure that all appliances are clean and dry before storing. To help prevent mildew, leave appliance doors slightly open.
- If possible, store electrical items in their original boxes.
- Make a plan as to how you are going to store your items. A good plan will save you time in rearranging your storage unit.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Never store food (including pet food), combustibles (paint thinner, gasoline, solvents), or toxic materials in your storage unit.